Profeco’s Department of Conciliation Services for Foreign Residents (CARE) protects your rights even if you live outside of Mexico. Regardless of your nationality, if you acquired a good or service from a Mexican supplier that it is established in México and you are not satisfied with the product or service, we offer assistance and if the case Profeco enables procedures of conciliation services between parties free of charge.
In order to start a settlement procedure, CARE must review all information provided by the consumer involved in the transaction, which must contain the facts of the claim. The information required is:
1. Complaint letter with the following information: name, address, phone number and e-mail address. Name and address of the supplier or provider of service as listed in the voucher or receipt.
Description of facts that originated the complaint, including the nature of good or service you are claiming, explaining briefly and clearly the facts that took place, date of purchase or signing, total amount paid, and if it is the case, the total amount claimed.
2. Fill out complaint form as required.
3. Copy of ID and proof of residence outside Mexico.
4. Copy of receipts, vouchers, bills and contracts that support the purchase of the product or service.
5. Copy of all important documents related to the transaction.
The documentation must be sent by e-mail under 3MB at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to: Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor, Dirección General de Quejas y Conciliación, Av. José Vasconcelos 208, piso 6, colonia Condesa, delegación Cuauhtémoc, CP 06140, México, DF.
It is important to stress, that all personal and confidential information collected by Profeco, will be considered as non-disclosed and protected by our Federal Laws.
For further information do not hesitate to contact us to: (+52 55) 5211 1723 or to our e-mail: email@example.com